Ten Reasons You Need to be at The Sidewalk Film Festival
Every year, Birmingham opens up the local film world through the Sidewalk Film Festival. This year boasts the 15th year of incredible filmmaking and creativity. Here are 10 reasons you need to be there:
- 200+ Films: Whether you like documentaries, short films, dramas, or comedies, you will find something that opens your eyes, makes you cry, or makes you laugh. It’s all there.
- Venues: Sidewalk Film Festival takes place at 6 venues, all in downtown Birmingham. From the Alabama Theater to Alabama School of Fine Arts to the McWane Science Center, you’ll enjoy dark theaters and big screens.
- Easy walking: Whether you are ready to jump into the films or really need some food, everything you need is in walking distance. Park your car and make a day of it.
- Atmosphere: If you’re at the Sidewalk Film Festival, you’re having fun. From the dark theaters to the food trucks to the parties, you’ll leave with a smile on your face.
- Meeting filmmakers: In the street or in the theater, you have opportunities to meet with filmmakers featured at the festival. Want to get involved in filmmaking? It’s a good place to get connected to people with a little (or a lot) experience under their belts.
- Panels: Ask the filmmakers questions. Learn what camera they used or what inspired their story. You have questions. They have answers. Panels allow that to happen.
- Local art: You see Hollywood’s cinema all the time…at Sidewalk you experience Birmingham’s side of filmmaking. Experience the creativity that is in your city.
- Parties: Sidewalk is known for great films and great parties. Enjoy both!
- Restaurant week: Birmingham’s Restaurant week is still going, so in between those great films, you can grab the best food in Birmingham while keeping a little cash in your wallet.
- You’ve worked hard this week…you should reward yourself with the best weekend ever. Sidewalk Film Festival is where that happens!
Don’t forget…if you miss the opening night, you can still get in on the action. Day passes and weekend passes are available. Enjoy great filmmaking, great food, and great conversation. Don’t let this event pass without experiencing the Alabama Sidewalk Film Festival!